World Trade Center Memorial, New York
Faithful+Gould is providing program management services for the National September 11 Memorial & Museum (NS11MM) and the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC) to commemorate those lost and the events of 9/11.
The project comprises 3 elements:
- The plaza at grade level with landscaping and waterfalls in the footprints of the fallen towers - approximately 240,000ft2,
- A below grade memorial museum of approximately 150,000ft2, and
- An above grade museum pavilion, which also serves as the entrance to the memorial museum.
Faithful+Gould is providing project management and scheduling support to the NS11MM to assist in:
- monitoring the overall cost management progress,
- attending coordination meetings,
- reviewing cost management invoices,
- assisting with the development of bid package documentation and scoping sessions,
- preparing subcontracts,
- developing logistics plans,
- interfacing with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ),
- coordinating the design team, and
- preparing and updating construction schedules.
Along with our project management services, we are maintaining a project controls system to monitor expenses against budget by funding source as well as preparing regular cashflow forecast projections.
Our project controls manager interfaces with invoice review staff to ensure the costs incurred by the NS11MM are appropriately split by responsible party and contracting entities.
Our EPOCH system was selected by the NS11MM for this complex cost tracking assignment.
We are responsible for providing the NS11MM with independent detailed cost estimates and probable cost of the memorial, memorial museum and museum pavilion projects at key milestones.
Value engineering exercises, to ensure project budgets are adhered to, are executed on a regular basis.