Behind the scenes of the most efficient automotive production lie facilities that support their owner’s vision. Facilities that represent opportunity, demonstrate innovation and capture the most efficient technologies and processes.
Faithful+Gould has the experience, energy and commitment to support that vision, leading solutions that protect and maximize assets, managing the capital projects and programs that enable their owners to pioneer innovation and perfection.
We understand the pressures faced by our clients in the automotive industry. We know that the competing demands of economic development in local markets, cost pressures and consumer relations combine to create a challenging field. We provide professional services that create cost-effective and environmentally compatible buildings and facilities, freeing our clients to focus on core business endeavors.
Our strong geographical reach enables us to meet global business expectations... we have the expertise to deliver projects in any country.
Beyond that, we do not generalize. Instead we aim to understand our clients’ specific issues. Working with you, we aim to engage with your business, immerse ourselves in your culture and explore the best way of adding value to your projects. Our teams listen, question, challenge, think laterally and produce insightful proposals tailored to individual needs.
We can offer global support, with consistent management of projects and reporting on cost and schedules across the portfolio. We lead delivery on worldwide manufacturing projects, programs and facilities, providing both strategic and operational direction.
We lead on developing infrastructure requirements and deliver support facilities – flagship HQs, offices and showrooms. Our clients’ facilities deliver the expected return on investment and produce the benefits expected.
Consistently supporting global clients
- BMW, worldwide, manufacturing plants, quality & engineering center.
- Rolls-Royce North America, real estate portfolio optimization and a manufacturing plant on greenfield site.
- Honda Manufacturing, Alabama, manufacturing plant and support facilities.
- Michelin, US, China, Brazil, India, Thailand, Europe, PMO and construction management for manufacturing plants.
- Robert Bosch, US, manufacturing/offices/laboratory project management for more than 20 years.
- Coca Cola Enterprises Ltd, UK/Europe, 300 manufacturing projects in 23 years.
This is embedded in the processes we offer. There are tangible benefits:
- Projects repeatedly under budget and ahead of schedule through developing a robust baseline plan, managing change, identifying and mitigating risks, and monitoring performance against the plan.
- Leading BIM skills and implementation to design out waste in construction and to drive modular off-site construction where appropriate.
- Improving speed of construction while maintaining the required quality.
- Best practice health & safety ethos, improving safety of construction and installation, and doing everything possible to promote safety in everything we do.
We understand the drivers for successful project outcomes
We focus on every type of project, from supporting billion dollar investments to capacity modifications projects.
We supported Michelin in developing these global benchmark keys for plant construction via site-based owner’s representative Faithful+Gould teams on three major US plants.
- Early involvement of key owner’s representative team members in preplanning and EPC contractor selection.
- We facilitated a two-day value engineering session at project initiation with owner stakeholders, key EPC contractor design and construction personnel, and key owner’s representative personnel. Resulted in 2% reduction in original GMP.
- Owner’s representative development of owner-specific project execution manual. Enables the owner’s representative team to facilitate consistent processes, procedures, communications and reports on all projects.
- We led lessons learned session to capture repeatable good practices and facilitate continuous improvement.
Strategies to overcome challenges in the US
- We understand the market in the Southeast US, where we have served clients such as BMW, Michelin, and Robert Bosch for 25 years.
- We have a unique strength in cost management, envied by most of our competitors in the project management arena. It is not uncommon for our competitors to request our help in addressing cost related aspects of their projects.
- Project success is impacted enormously by an ill-suited procurement strategy. Many are available in the US, e.g. design-bid-build; design build with fast track construction management; guaranteed maximum price and others. All have their own strengths and weaknesses. We understand the impact, benefits and risks associated with each. We save time, effort and substantial costs by ensuring the correct contracting vehicle is selected.
- We have substantial US workforce experience – labor relations and minority interests.
- We have experience in advising clients with site selection and feasibility studies.
Adding value to your vision
Our strong geographical reach enables us to meet global business expectations. With automotive experience in the US, Brazil, Europe, China, Thailand and India, plus capability throughout the Middle East, we have the expertise to deliver projects in any country. On many projects we collaborate with our parent company Atkins, to provide the best professionals in the industry from our Group and wider supply chain.
We create facilities that support our clients in doing what they do best.