About the event
Faithful+Gould, in conjunction with Atkins North America, will serve as a sponsor for the 2017 Public-Private Partnership Airport Summit, which runs Monday and Tuesday, July 24 - 25, 2017, in San Diego, California. The summit will connect more than 800 industry experts and practitioners from across the U.S., giving them the opportunity to network and explore the value proposition behind Public-Private Partnerships (P3s) for airports.
On July 25, 2017, Faithful+Gould Senior Project Manager Richard Tregaskes will take part in a panel discussion entitled, "Availability Payment and Deductions – What is different with Airports".
On July 25, 2017, Faithful+Gould Senior Project Manager Richard Tregaskes will take part in a panel discussion entitled, "Availability Payment and Deductions – What is different with Airports". He will be joined by industry colleagues, including Atkins Global Aviation Director Graham Bolton. The panel will focus on the availability of payment mechanisms and the associated deduction regimes that are an essential part of P3 projects. As each P3 project type has its own slightly different model, the panelists will pay particular attention to what is different with aviation-related payment and deduction mechanisms.
As a sponsor, Faithful+Gould will exhibiting at booth number 6 during the summit, with both Faithful+Gould and Atkins representatives in attendance. In addition to Richard, Faithful+Gould will be represented by Aviation Sector Lead Carin Rautenbach, Program Director Knute Ruggaard, Technical Director Sonny Sicat, Program Manager Masjood Jafri and Chief Cost Manager Andre Alberts.
This section should be provide an outline to what will be taking place at the event:
Pre-award Discussion Topics:
- Assessing the feasibility of a P3 project – what type of projects are best served by P3s
- Identifying the merits and risks of P3 structures
- Options for small and medium hub airports seeking partnerships
- Defining project requirements and identifying appropriate project delivery models
- How to score, select, and negotiate with prospective partners
- Understanding the potential credit impacts P3s can have on rating and debt capacity
- Political considerations for developing and implementing P3 projects
- The role of a political or internal champion in building P3 partnerships
- Coordinating internal and external stakeholders to optimize P3 delivery
- Hidden costs and overlooked risks
- Meeting deferred O&M challenges: how major maintenance, repair and replacement should be considered when evaluating a P3.
Team Work and Collaboration Discussion Topics:
- The importance of early engagement with private partners
- Integration tools and techniques that enhance collaboration
- Owner roles/responsibilities in executing a P3
- Risk balance and expectation management
- Stakeholder management
- Communication strategies - how to win political and local support with successful communication plans.
Advanced Project Delivery Discussion Topics:
- Contract administration
- Risk identification, mitigation, and trade-off strategies
- Asset monetization of non-core infrastructure assets using P3s
- Financing solutions and value propositions under the P3 Model
- The influence of design within the P3 process
- Value creation from transferring operations and maintenance
- Latest innovations and life-cycle efficiencies in P3 delivery
Additional topics to be covered through keynotes, panel sessions, and workshops
- A discussion covering the state of market for airports facilities in United States
- Comparative analysis and value for money decisions
- Comparison of alternative delivery models
- Value proposition of private financing
- 360° considerations for successful airport P3s
- In-depth P3 case studies including: LGA, LAWA, and others
- What role will P3s play in the new administration?
Contact Richard Tregaskes
Contact Carin Rautenbach
Contact Knute Ruggaard
Contact Sonny Sicat
Contact Masjood Jafri
San Diego Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA