We were awarded a task order contract to provide construction cost estimating services on military and civil works projects within the Baltimore District and throughout the North Atlantic Division. Since contract award, Faithful+Gould has been assigned several tasks in the New York District, including two relocation projects.
The New York District asked us to perform a cost estimate review of the design architect consultant's cost estimate at the 35% design stage of the U.S. Military Academy Preparatory School at West Point, New York. We delivered a review comprised of the following elements:
- Verification of the accuracy of the major quantities that reflects 80% of the scope
- An overall scoping review of the contents of the cost estimate and its comparison to the design narratives and drawings
- Verification and validation of the unit prices to reflect the local market
- Markups reflecting the contractors' cost of doing business, for 1st tier, 2nd tier, 3rd tier level
- Accurate portrayal of the subcontractors in the cost estimate
- General conditions for the prime contractor are applied as per contractors business practice and Corps requirements
- Estimate review data incorporating the Dr. Checks system and a formal report of results was provided
The cost estimate review was completed and Faithful+Gould has provided cost estimates on six projects to date on this task order contract.