Faithful+Gould provided project management services on Equinix’s new data centre facility in Hong Kong. The project involved transforming a bare shell floor into a 30,000sqft data co-location area designed to meet Equinix’s International Business Exchange™ (IBX) standard. The HK3-II data hall is fitted out to accommodate an estimated 650 IT racks at an expected load of 3.1kw per rack.
Other features include:
- 2 x 400RT Air Cooled Chiller System at roof level
- 2N UPS System for Data Centres 2-DC-1 and 2-DC-3 (2 x 500kVA UPS) x 2 sets
- 2N UPS System for Data Centres 2-DC-2 (3 x 500kVA UPS)
- 2N Standby Rated Generators (4 x 2250kVA)
- 1 x 2MVA Power Transformer
- Long Lead Equipment (LLE) plant installed at roof level common area
- Loading bay area on ground floor
- Integration to the existing HV electrical system, fire alarm, and security system
To ensure the highest standards of safety and construction best practices, Faithful+Gould undertook frequent site inspections and safety audits alongside the registered site safety officer. The project was delivered on time, on budget and achieved LEED Gold certification.