Faithful+Gould was appointed by Union Properties to act as employer's representative cost manager for the following facilities at the F1-X Theme Park:
- Rides, shows, guest facilities
- Infrastructure, which consists of incoming utilities, road networks, car parking, landscaping and streetscape covering over 70 acres in total
- Multi storey car park comprising 7 levels and 1,650 car parking spaces
Faithful+Gould formed an integral part of the employer's team from inception to completion of the project. The principal services provided include the reporting, managing and controlling of all financial matters related to the project. During the design stage we assisted with cost planning and tender documentation and assisted the project team on an ongoing basis.
The construction stage activities included:
- general contract administration
- updating the revised budgets
- assessment of variations
- payment certificates
- cash flows
- contract management
Due to the fast-track nature of the project on award, we mobilised both pre-contract and post-contract teams. The pre-contract team prepared and issued the tender documents and the post-contract team negotiated the various works packages and made financial recommendations to the client, whilst continuing the post-contract service. The design for the entire development is split into 3 main work packages: Site wide infrastructure, theme park, hotel. Combined with a compressed time line, it is a unique project.
Outcome: Bills of quantities issued, all contracts awarded.