While the majority of our people are able to work effectively from home and will continue to do so, the latest government guidance has given us the flexibility to allow a small number of our people, where needed, to return to a limited number of workplaces more permanently in order to support essential client project delivery. This is in addition to our Key Workers, who have been delivering essential services outside of their home in support of national critical infrastructure throughout the pandemic.
In every office location, we’ve undertaken a detailed office risk assessment which is published and available to our people via our company intranet. In addition to this, we’ve recorded photographs portraying the control measures we’re taking to prevent the virus from spreading. Before anyone is permitted to enter any of our workplaces, they must first complete a workplace induction (tailored to each location) and a personal risk assessment which must receive business approval.
Our control measures are tailored to suit each workplace to ensure that we identify, eliminate and manage the risk of our offices becoming a mode of transmission. Our measures vary depending on whether the workplace is being accessed on a routine or temporary basis, and include:
- Introducing enhanced cleaning regimes
- Providing gel stations comprising sanitiser, wipes and tissues
- Installing floor markings, barriers and directional signage
- Installing posters to encourage personal hygiene and surface cleaning of touch points
- Stopping our normal agile working practices and allocating fixed desks
- Reducing the number of visitors to our workspaces
- Minimising the need for people to travel on public transport so that this can be maintained for Key Workers.
In addition to these processes and operational procedures, we’re also focused on the mental wellbeing of our employees, ensuring they feel confident to work safely and empowered to raise any concerns which may affect their mental or physical health.
Our risk assessment processes have been carefully managed and audited by our Director of Health & Safety and every one of our offices has been subject to a Health & Safety audit by an expert safety professional.
You can view our COVID-19 Secure in 2020 poster below.