The graduate assessment centre is the final stage of our recruitment process, so it is important that you stand out. We’ll let you know as soon as possible whether you’ll be offered a position. Either way, you’ll receive feedback.
We’ve put together some of our hints and tips to help you through the day…
- We can understand it can feel daunting on the day but try to relax. Remember it is a two-way process, whilst it gives us the opportunity to fairly and thoroughly assess your suitability for our programme. Assessment centres give you a great opportunity to experience our working environment first hand.
- Please review the instructions carefully, including our expenses policy and ensure you bring along any documents that we request in the invite.
- Make sure you arrive in plenty of time, our day usually runs to a tight timescale, so being late wont only create a poor impression but it could potentially affect your participation on the day.
- Make sure you listen carefully to the instructions we give out on the day and don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand.
- During the day you will be asked to complete a series of exercises which have been designed to assess the competencies we feel are key to success on our graduate development programme. These include a written exercise, designed to assess your analytical skills. A group exercise designed to engage you with your peers on the day. Finally, a technical test and interview which will be conducted by a manager from the business.
- No specific preparation is required for our behavioural exercises, however for your technical assessment you may find it usual to revisit the basic principles of your degree or role you are applying to.
- We also suggest that it will be useful to do some research on the role we are considering you for. There is plenty of information on our website with our projects so make sure you use that before your interview.
- We want to see your passion and enthusiasm for the business you have applied to, so make sure that shines through on the day.
- Across the whole of the day, the most important piece of advice we would give you is to be yourself. Don’t try to be the person you think we want to see, we want to see the real you.
Remember, you have been invited because we believe you have the potential. The fact you have passed all other stages is a testament to the strength of your application.