About the event
The course aims to provide delegates with an awareness and
understanding of the roles of a designer and principal designer
under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
2015 and how to undertake successful design risk management
during a project
For further details, costs and availability please contact Paul Whitney - firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
- Principal Designers and those looking to become or undertake the role
- Architects and associated design disciplines
- Construction Industry Professionals
- Building Surveyors
- Health and Safety Professionals
What will the event cover?
CDM 2015: Is this fully understood and applied correctly to your projects?
Do you understand the duties and requirements of a principal designer?
Management of risk in design: Can you effectively undertake this process?
Topics covered will include:
- What the law requires
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and duty holders
- Health and Safety Executive expectations in regards to risk and risk reduction
- A Designer under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- What is Design Risk Management
- Effective Design Risk Management
- Considering Health as well as Safety
- BIM and Health and Safety
What to expect
Every candidate is tested through an end-of-course assessment
leading to both an IOSH and APS certificate upon passing
their exam. The assessment will be in the style of a written
examination which will consist of ten questions comprising of the
- 2 x Twenty mark questions
- 6 x Eight mark questions
- 2 x Six mark questions
Candidates will receive their results by email and certificates by
post where successful.
Nova North, 11 Bressenden Place, Westminster, London, SW1E 5BY