Faithful+Gould was appointed to Project and Cost Manage the refurbishment of several key areas of the live and operational Grosvenor House a JW Marriott Hotel including:
- Ballroom and Pre-Function areas
- Court Suite Function Room
- 86 Park Lane meeting and function suites
- Ground Floor guest circulation areas including Entrance lobby, reception, and concierge
- Park Room lounge, Library and Gallery space
- Ballroom and Park Room Kitchens
- Ladies and Gents Washrooms
- Retail areas and Café
This development, working in a live environment with business as usual, impact on guests and associates were a key concern and a major factor in the design and programme. With grouping and phasing of the work packages with the main contractors at early engagement level, clear communication and planning, and stakeholder management our team ensured that this impact was kept to a minimum and did not affect the daily operations of the hotel throughout the entirety of the project.
Faithful+Gould added value on this project by driving out in-efficiencies, value management and cost benchmarking. Accurate and flexible phasing plans were developed that need to close and regular scrutiny to adapt to the ever-changing requirements of a live hotel.