Delivered by our national team of IOSH and CMaPS chartered consultants and technical specialists, our solutions are designed to help clients comply with health and safety legislation based on their specific business needs, and create a positive safety culture.
Key Service Offerings
Our health and safety services team offer:
- Appointed competent person – provided to clients who do not have the resources to employee a full-time health and safety advisor and/or where a larger organisation requires additional support to its in-house safety team.
- Development of health and safety policies – developing policies based on client organisations’ individual needs, describing how they will manage health and safety including how they will advise employees and others about their commitment to health and safety (required in writing where an organisation employs more than five people).
- Development of safety management systems and procedures – developing formal management systems or frameworks to help manage health and safety, based on ISO 18001 (standard is under review - will be replaced by 45001). We can also provide guidance to clients should they wish to gain ISO accreditation.
- Audit of management arrangements – undertaking an in-depth, systematic review of clients’ health and safety activities and providing information about the reliability and effectiveness of organisations’ safety management systems.
- Workplace inspections (monitoring) – undertaken more frequently than audits, providing clients with information about health and safety standards, whether they are being implemented and that management controls are working. Inspections are a proactive way of identifying hazards before they can cause an injury.
- Preparation of risk assessment and method statements – preparation and completion of risk assessments to determine hazards and suitable controls. Method statements draw together the information compiled from risk assessments, detailing how the tasks will be undertaken safely.
- Provide advice on safe systems of work – developing safe systems of work, resulting from a systematic examination of a working process, identifications of hazards, specifying work methods designed either to eliminate the hazards or controls and minimise the relevant risks.
- Assistance with accident/incident investigation and reporting – thoroughly investigating accidents to identify immediate and underlying causes and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assistance with accreditation bodies such as CHAS and Safe Contractor – developing and submitting documentation to help complete sections needed for CHAS accreditation.
- Technical due diligence (TDD) – supporting clients in TDD and establishing whether manufacturers have a clear process for achieving demonstrable compliance with safety and engineering, placed on then by the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
A proactive approach to health and safety can be a major contribution to business success. Not only will it help stop accidents and work related ill health, it will reduce accident losses and improve profit and loss to client businesses.
Our dedicated health and safety services team can provide you with the visible and active support that is essential for successful health and safety management and culture.