In recent years, there has been an emergence of complex and large-scale mixed-use developments in mainland China. Typically designed to incorporate a combination of office space, food and beverage establishments, retail, hotel or residential, these developments are often built to high-end specifications including the latest sustainability standards with the end-users’ comfort in mind. Such projects bring multiple challenges in the deployment of its mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) infrastructure – the varying regulatory code requirements across the usage types; selection of cost effective central systems that work well within the various spaces; the right balance of thermal, acoustic, visual comfort and good air quality; while ensuring the building remains energy efficient.
Beijing Huadu Center, located in the East of the 3rd ring road in Beijing, is a 22.9million sqm mixed-use development project that will feature Grade A office space, a luxury hotel, retail outlets and a contemporary art museum. Due to the size and its diverse commercial spaces, operational energy use is expected to be high. Each space will also have a different energy requirement based on individual technology, environmental needs, lighting levels and hours of operation. To achieve an energy efficient building that meets the owner and user’s requirements.
Faithful+Gould was appointed to provide MEP commissioning services, the scope of services include:
- Interface coordination and management of the entire project team
- Thorough review of construction documents to ensure compliance with testing and commissioning specifications
- Inspect installation of MEP services and witness MEP equipment start-up testing
- Oversight of functional testing of all MEP systems
- Integrated system testing and commissioning (IST) of all MEP systems
- Documentation of defects and action list
- Review and comment on operational and maintenance manual
- Seasonal testing to allow for winter and summer operations
- Coordinate technical training for property management tea.
Faithful+Gould provides professional MEP commissioning services, helping clients optimize their projects by reducing energy consumption and improvements, lowering both capital and operating costs. We offer objective and unbiased analysis for value adding sustainable solutions throughout the testing and commissioning process from the earliest stages of project preparation to post-occupancy aftercare.