Beijing Huadu Center, located in the East of the 3rd ring road in Beijing, is a 22.9 million sqm mixed-use development, featuring Grade ‘A’ office space, the luxurious Bulgari Hotel, retail outlets and a contemporary art museum.
Due to the size and its diverse commercial spaces, operational energy use is expected to be high. Meanwhile, each space will also have a different energy requirement based on individual technology, environmental needs, lighting levels and hours of operation.
Faithful+Gould was appointed by the developer, Genesis, in October 2015, to provide MEP commissioning services for the entire Beijing Huadu Center development to achieve an energy efficient building that meets the owner and end-user’s requirements. Our involvement in Phase 1 of the project comprised only the office space.
Phase 2 commenced in September 2016, and it involves the 110-room Bulgari Hotel, which will be managed and operated by Bulgari Hotels and Resorts. Onsite MEP commissioning includes heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) system, water plumbing, electricity, as well as building automation system (BAS).
Our scope of services also encompasses:
- Interface coordination and management of the entire project team
- Thorough review of construction documents to ensure compliance with testing and commissioning specifications
- Inspect installation of MEP services and witness MEP equipment start-up testing
- Oversight of functional testing of all MEP systems
- Integrated system testing and commissioning (IST) of all MEP systems
- Documentation of defects and action list
- Review and comment on operational and maintenance manual
- Seasonal testing to allow for winter and summer operations
- Coordinate technical training for property management team